Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Madax!

Madax LOVES the Grinch. (Well, technically, he LOVES Cindy Lou, and Cindy Lou has a heart for the grinch, so Madax loves him by proxy). For his birthday, we didd our best to create Who-ville in our very own home! Leave some comments and let us know how close you think we got!

The Grinch Made an appearance, even stole the birthday stash of presents and the kids had to complete a treasure hunt to find them for Madax! It turned out really cute! Michael was a perfect Grinch!


Little Who-Child, Beckettoo Who!

Madaxstatic Who!


The Birthday Cake .... an appetizing ending to the schmorgasborg of food we served. Roast Beast (Ham), Who Hash (Mashed Potatoes), Grinch Beans (Green Beans), Mount Grumpit Mud Pies (Brownies), Peppermint Bark and more! It was yummy and festive!


Madax getting ready to blow out his candles. He was so impressed when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him!




Cindy Lou Who~


Madax opening his presents after the Grinch stole them and the kiddos worked together to search for them!


Our little Bo-Beckers!



Our good friend, Jessica Thompson

The Grinch, Cindy Lou and a grand bunch of Who-kids!

The Grinch with Madax and his friend, Quinton.

Madax with the Grinch all to himself!
Some of our friends who attended the party:
Dan and Heather Rodriguez with Quinton and Jane.

Zach and Jenny Bender with Nola and Rockwell.

Jessica Thompson with her kids Clara, Beau, Henry and Gus (I think Thomas fell off Mt. Grumpit and couldn't make it to the hoop-la!)

Chuck, Treonna, Kinsie and Jessalyn Waid

Kelly and Ryan

Jonathan and Rebecca Post with Emma and Reece
We had so many other guests at the party that we didn't get a chance to take pictures with! THANK YOU to everyone who came, called and contributed ideas for how in the world we could produce a realistic-looking Grinch costume! We love and appreciate you all!

9 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

oh sooo much fun!! I love the Grinch and you have now giving me plans to someday have a Who-Ville party! Funny thing...just this morning I thought of the day in high school when it was "who day" and I dressed up with my crazy hair like that...fun!!

Your hubby cracks me up..especially his sweater...he does make a good grinch though!

Fun fun fun all around...I think you did a great job!

Heather said...

Wow! That is seriously the most creative birthday party ever. I loved all of your hair and of course, the Grinch. You guys definitely were successful in creating Who-ville.

Cormac said...

whoa, post overload! but i love it, the boys are the cutest spots ever. and the party looks amazing, that cake, nice work. don't know how you cot mike to wear that sweater, ugs, but it looks great for the grinch. I hope madax appreciated all that hard work. i adore your costume it's so funny. wish we were there loves, doroth

Matt & Ali said...

WOW Jes!!! I mean I wouldn't expect anything less but what a great idea. And how in the world did you get your hair to do that? You are tooo cute!!!

The Travellers said...

I am So Jealous that I couldn't be there! Mike looked great. So did you!Dressing up like a who is the best way to go. I miss you guys and I so sad that you wont be coming for Christmas this year. What will I do with myself?

Emmett and Ashlee said...

That is freaking awesome! Teage would have been in Heaven. We might have to do a party like that. Love it! So adorable.

Kristy said...

Soo much fun. What an awesome mom you are!!! Wish I had your energy! Hope you and your family are doing well.

steve-n-carrie said...

Better than I could ever imagine!

Trisha Roche said...

It's not the hair color or the green face that creeps me out about my cousin dressed up as the Grinch. It's the Girl sweater he has on.... he looks like a chick!

Trisha